Country Basket

Mom came to visit for a week, and we had the opportunity to drive around and hit a few favorite spots. Of course, no trip is complete without a quick visit to a few local garden centers. Mom always likes to hit Countey Basket for herbs & ornamental grasses. I love their new boutique & other sundry items, like their awesome wooden crates which I use in my interior decor. And I noticed they started displaying them as such to give their shoppers ideas on how to use them. 
I only have 5 so far, but I'm slowly trying to collect more to create a nice accent wall in my studio. This combination here would look great, with the insides of the crates painted a nice white. 


Plants, plants, plants galore! Is there anything nicer than a trip to a tropically warm greenhouse after a long chilly winter? I think not! I love the smells of all the plants blending together, the lush greenery, the delicious perfumes, the pretty flowering trees... Can't go wrong with a little botanical therapy. 



I kept looking at all the full hanging fern baskets, I could see them hanging all around our wraparound porch.

I also looked at a few flowering trees. This here is a double flowering almond. All the tiny pink blossoms looked so pretty, the petals softly floating to the ground, and the faintest aroma wafting through the air. The only drawback being that it merely flowers for a short period of time in the spring. But how pretty is this?


Then I REALLY let myself dream, and imagined something like this for our small backyard. Darling and I would love to just turn the yard into our own private oasis. A fire pit for summer evenings, a hammock or two to swing in, and maybe a little pond with a few vibrantly colored coi. 


God I love this place! It's so well organized, clean, pretty. 

Ok, call me crazy, but how cool would this look as an accent wall in a sunroom, or a man cave. It might even look neat in a potting shed, keeping with a rustic theme. 


Comments

Popular Posts