Painting a picture, with pictures

This summer marked the first time since 2009 that I visited Home. I packed the girls up, and we headed to Gatineau, Québec. We split our visit by spending the first week with Mom, and the second week with Dad. I've got way too many photographs to sort through and edit before I share them, but this is a set that jumped out at me this morning. I'd like to paint you a picture, a magical one. This was one early morning where I got to watch the sunrise over the mountains, and a thick blanket of fog slowly lift over the Gatineau river. The calm beauty of it all just took my breath away. Then when the fog lifted, we saw her, my dad's morning visitor, whom he first encountered this early Spring, and became smitten with her. He spoils her with delicious apples, and has vowed not to hunt her, because he loves her too much.




 


 She's young still, and very skittish. She won't get too close, but close enough for those sweet treats. 



 And then the apples were all gone.
And so was she.



I always love going back here. This place holds more than just childhood memories of family picnics, mud hole swims, frog hunting, canoe trips, and ATV joyrides. I am deeply drawn to its energy; how easily I can ground my Spirit and can be still again, where everything else shuts off and the energy flow between the Earth and myself is at its strongest.
Every time I come here, I get that sense of Recharging my Batteries.
Do you have a place like that?

Comments

Popular Posts