Our Week At Nana Jo's




 This top photo right here would describe exactly how Mimi feels whenever we visit Nana. Regardless of the non computer usage, or that we just spend all our entire days just the four of us, Nana, Mimi, Didi, and I. She loves her Nana like there's no tomorrow. We took near daily walks to the river during our visit, and taught Mimi how to skip rocks. Boy oh boy was that fun! (and FREE!)




 

 Our first morning started with an amazing breakfast spread, Al Fresco no less. Mom and her Darling have invested a lot of time turning their backyard into their own private Oasis, I'll have to do another post just for that!

An accidental tradition has begun: Sitting on giant chairs with my girls! Of course, Mimi has a sourpuss here, due to the fact that I kindly asked her to get off the arm rests. Go figure, I was just trying to keep her safe ;)


We made our way to my Aunt Guylaine's place, who recently started herself a mini farm. Mini, with mini and large versions of animals. A mini donkey named Fiona, a pigmy goat named Elvis, and a plethora of fowl that have since been added to. Ducks, geese, pheasants, chickens, peacocks... La Cage aux Folles! Ha! Ha!
Here I am kindly asking Elvis to please respect Didi's personal space. Dang thing thinks it's a dog!

Mimi and Guylaine walking Fiona. Yup, walking. On a leash. There's something you don't type every day, walking a donkey on a leash.






Didi meeting a chick. What you don't see is how a split second later she tried to grab it out of Nana's hands by the neck. *no chicks were harmed on this day.*

Stroller through the woods? Not so easy. Especially in the mud, surrounded by a horde of tiny flying vampires.


Wild blackberry bush? Oh you guys just keep walking, I'll catch up!


Mmmm! Roadside snack!

NOT a roadside snack!
But it was adorable how fascinated Mimi was with this little creature.
She certainly was amused by my aunt's retelling of how I used to collect them as a tot and stuff them in my pockets, left there for my darling Nana to find on laundry day.
RIP little Toadies :(

This little dragonfly landed on my blue pants. And look! It matches my nails!


Learning to skip stones

I look at this photo and marvel at how big she's gotten. No longer my baby girl, she's really coming into her own. BIG personality this one!

And then there my tiny egg. What a little cutie.

Oh look! We found another giant chair! ;)

Comments

Popular Posts