MH TurnStyles on Etsy


Well, I did it. I opened an Etsy store for my Dad. Now I have to find a way for him to see it. He's so far removed from civilization where he lives (I'm not kidding! He just GOT a phone line in about 5 years ago now, and to be honest, even though he's expressed an interest in getting himself a computer, and hooking up to the net, he'd get nothing but sloth-speed dialup, and I could totally see him turning the actual computer into kindling if something didn't work right...), but they do have a small library in the village about 6 miles from his place. Maybe they could show him how to surf the net...

Anyway, I've got the original banner up there for now, but I think I'll be working on a new one. The type seems a bit lost against the bangles. It needs to stand out a touch more. I've been working on this one too:


Me likey!


I also re-did some of the shots, trying with a different colored shirt, and lighting. I found the bright noon sun washed out the colors a bit, so I went for bright, but slightly overcast. I think the colors came out more vibrant. IMO.




Another Black Walnut and Maple bangle, this one's a bit narrower, I think it might be a bit more mainstream. I like it too, even though my fancy is mostly tickled by the super wide ones. Chatted dad up about a few more ideas yesterday, I believe that got his creative juices flowing. What he likes is that the ideas I'm coming up with are things he would never have thought of himself. And they all include using materials he's already got at hand. Frankly, I think he's stoked! LOL!

I so can't wait to see what he comes up with next. It's weird, this passing on of ideas over the phone, no visual aid, trying to convey my visions. It's interesting to see how he's usually pretty close to what I was thinking, but with a bit of his own twist on it. He's very stuck on symetry right now, and I'm going through an asymetrical phase of sorts, so if I ask him for something off center, it's sort of a head-scratcher for him... Well, so far, I haven't had to resort to sending him my sketches, but, I don't think that that's very far down the line. ;)

Comments

Not Ashley said…
I like version 2!
Tough for those old voyageurs! Is he going to be selling nay of his pelts??

With his talent he won't have any problem selling the beautiful woodworking.

Popular Posts