Bead Knitting FEAST!

Yes, I know, I've been scarce. But I'm still plugging away. :)

I've spent so much time running up and down the stairs in the last three days that I'm starting to lose weight! LOL! I decided that a good cleanup was in order in the downstairs 'den', where my beads have been living until my studio is complete. I was getting a little depressed that things were at a standstill, since things are a bit topsy turvy for hubby's work right now (things changing hands and all...), and now, not only does the den hold my beads, but his fishing gear, AND some work related stuff...

Tuesday, Jewels went downstairs, and was so tired of the clutter, she just had to do something about it. HAD to! So, two days in, and still at it today. The turning point for my mood came yesterday, when I found a way to create my own little settup for my light box. I now have a lovely spot designated for the light box ONLY, and every time I finish a piece, all I need to do is turn on the lights, and shoot! Yes, I'm a happy camper! So happy, that yesterday I took the liberty of photographing some of my older pieces that hadn't been shot properly. And I must say, I'm quite pleased with the results.


Under a Lock & Key
A tiny knit amulet
I like to adorn my bags somewhat. The embelishments here are simple, yet meaningful. The little lock is on the outside...

With the key tucked in inside.

This is just me enjoying the shot :)



This was my very first knit bag. I just love it. I love its monochromacity, and how the daggers just swing on the front flap. It has a very 'slouchy' feel to it, very nice.

It took a very, very long time to make the "X's & O's" rope strap on this bag, MANY hours!

"Coffee Buzz"
My second bag! :)
Opaque brown beads on metallic thread. Another rather monochromatic bag, but I do like the metallic flecks in the thread. I also tried to match the Nepal Chain strap with said flecks. The brown stones are Jasper, one of my favorite stones actually.

Strap long enough you can wrap it around once.
Beauty of it is, the bag isn't so heavy that it chokes you.
And that's a good thing, right?

"Ladybug Jamboree"
One of my more difficult pieces to photograph; it's all in the contrast. The super light green beads against the very dark green thread (and beads...), it's near impossible to catch the nuances of the colors in it. But, I think this is a pretty good shot.
I just love how all the little ladybugs are dancing around the bag. It's a happy bag! :)


Luckilly, I was able to get about 2 hours of computer time yesterday, so I got to manipulate my photos (crop, resize...), and now they're ready to upload to the site. I've also been rather busy learning the ropes over at flickr, twitter, AND Etsy. Yes, I openned an Etsy account. Not sure what for yet. I've had quite a few requests for tips and patterns on other sites, and it might be nice to share my patterns and tutorials that way. I might even put some kits together, who knows, but for now, it's just an Etsy account, and that's that. Oh, and another site I've been enjoying fervently: Ravelry! OMG! I'm HOOKED! Much to hubby's dismay... Well, he can't say much, he's hooked on his fishing sites. Did you know there was such a thing? ;p

Toodles my loves. I'm off to work, and I hope my next post won't be so long from this one.

J

Comments

She said "manipulate", heh, heh...
Cool knitting!!
JJ said…
I've been on Ravelry since 2007 and I'm STILL hooked! Have fun.
Belinda Saville said…
Lovely bags, Julie! Ladybug Jamboree is my favourite...I can never go past green, I just love it :-) How wonderful to have a little corner dedicated to your lightbox...if only I were afforded such a luxury! LOL Best of luck with your new Etsy account...I'm sure you'll do very well!

Btw, there is a little award waiting for you on my blog ;-) Congrats!
Why don't they call it "nitting?" The K is just on the loaf anyway.
Or how about bead sewing???
Unknown said…
Bfeautiful beadknitting, I am so pleased I now have someone else on the net to relate my craft to :))

Popular Posts