Playing with the camera. Again.

Well, I'm nothing if not willing to learn and improve. :)

While doing a little cleaning last week, I had an epiphany of sorts. I found this lovely little chachka at Winners a little while back, and thought it would be a great way to display keep my jewelry off the counter in the bathroom. While dusting it, I thought how lovely it would look as a display unit. As luck would have it, I'd just come back from the dollar store with a few bags of river rocks that were slotted for flower arrangements.
I set everything up on the living room floor, and decided I liked it quite a bit. However, it needed more rocks! So, a second trip to the dollar store was planned, and 9 bags later, voilà:


I just love how the stones make the beads pop out.

So I played around some more with some of my old pieces that were kicking around. I like how the photos turned out, and have a few more ideas I'd like to try out. Like misting the rocks before laying the pieces down. That might look pretty nice too.






Come to think of it, I'm thinking I should put a few of these collars up on my Etsy site, seeing as collars are 'in' right now.

Comments

Sarah said…
Great pictures! You should put the collars up, they are gorgeous.! I really love the colours in the last one.
Unknown said…
Thank you Sarah. I think I will put a few up, but perhaps not these ones in particular. I always feel funny selling pieces I made years ago, I don't now why... LOL! But the pearl one is going up, most definitely!
Unknown said…
After going through this article i have decided to bookmark this site found this really interesting & thanks a lot for keeping the blog Lively with such interesting blogs.

--
Venus
Best Affordable Security

Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV

Popular Posts